1 c and 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fresh strawberry puree (I ran low on strawberries and added in some blackberries to fill it out, tasted delicious!)
2 tbsp cannacoconut oil
1 egg (or egg replacement if vegan)
1/3 c pistachios
2 tbsp water (plus more for boiling)
1/4 c butter (room temp)
1 c powder sugar
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Sift flour into mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, baking soda, and salt.
2. Mix in strawberry puree, cannacoconut oil, and egg. Mix until combined.
3. Bake at 350 for 20-25 until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (I used smaller flower shape cake molds, you can use cupcake holders but check after 15 min or an 7in cake pan for 30 min)
4. Let cool completely before frosting.
For Pistachio Buttercream
1. Boil about 1 c water in a small saucepan. Once boiling, add de-shelled pistachios. Remove from heat and let sit for 2 min.
2. Drain water and place pistachios on clean towel. Rub around in towel to remove brown skins from pistachios. Place pistachios in food processor and puree for 2 min. Add 2 Tbsp water and puree for another 2 min.
3. In mixing bowl with paddle attachment, whip together butter and pistachio puree until fluffly. Add in powder sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla and whip for another 2 min or until smooth. Put together and frost however you'd like!